A Associação Nacional de Basquete dos Estados Unidos (NBA) postou em seu site uma vaga para trabalhar no Rio de Janeiro. O cargo, de “diretor de finanças para a América Latina”, requer pelo menos oito anos de experiência em contabilidade, finanças ou funções relacionadas com esporte profissional, entretenimento, mídia ou indústria de serviços. É necessário ainda ter atuado em multinacionais com operações na América Latina. Confira a descrição completa em inglês:
Position Description: Serve as the key financial adviser to the NBA’s Latin America Managing Director, based in Rio de Janeiro, along with other key business stakeholders within the NBA Latin America business unit, based in New York and Mexico D.F., and the NBA Headquarters in New York. Direct and control all aspects of management reporting, budgeting, analysis of bids, proposals and new ventures, coordination with NBA Finance and Controller groups to ensure compliance with local accounting and tax requirements, and administration of the NBA Latin America business unit. Participate as a member of the senior management team for NBA Latin America and the Global Finance team. Major Responsibilities:
- Provide meaningful, timely and actionable financial analysis on the NBA Latin America business unit to the NBA Latin America Managing Director, the NBA League Finance & Global Strategy Execute Vice President, and the wider NBA Latin America and NBA senior management teams.
- Direct and support the NBA Latin America regional offices in the development and preparation of the annual business plan & budget, and the monthly forecasting process in coordination with New York.
- Work with the NBA Controller Group to ensure compliance of all accounting procedures, processes, and controls, as well as implementing improvements and efficiencies where possible.
- Work with the NBA Controller Group to ensure local fiscal and regulatory compliance for all NBA Latin America related entities, including tax and statutory financial statement filing requirements and annual audits.
- Direct and oversee monthly financial and management reporting and analysis process, including reviewing monthly results with senior management.
- Lead the Finance support for grass root event activities in Latin America, including providing support to the global Events and Attractions team.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of required financial reports and analyses, including departmental, segment and geographic reports, variance analyses, business performance highlights, etc.
- Treasury Management, control, and cash flow forecasting.
- Maintain open and ongoing lines of communication with NBA Latin America operating staff and finance team, and other regional or US-based staff, to resolve queries, clarify transactions, and to understand and support all business and operational initiatives and objectives.
- In conjunction with the NBA Controller Group, manage relationships with external professional service providers, and evaluate and engage third party suppliers, as required e.g., outside accounting, tax, and bookkeeping firms, business consultants, etc.
- Coordinate with and support Human Resources, Legal, HRIS and Payroll, as necessary, concerning employment status and payroll issues that may arise for regional office staff.
- Supervise and manage work assignments of Finance direct reports and provide instruction and direction to regionally-based Finance staff, in order that all pertinent responsibilities are efficiently carried out.
- Support and coordinate alignment of Finance best-practices, controls and policies as may be directed on a global basis by the New York office.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as required.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in an accounting, finance or related business role within the professional sports, entertainment, media or service industry.
- Experience working for a multi-national company with operations in Latin America and involvement in all aspects of Business Development.
Educational Background Required:
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related business field.
- Professional Accounting Qualification (CPA) with 6+ years Post Qualified Experience is a plus.
- Advanced degree / MBA preferred.
- Proficiency in English, Portuguese and Spanish